Happy New Year everybody! We love this annual photography competition – every year we gather around a couple of big screens and let the imagery soak in, over a hot cuppa. It’s truly inspiring to see the adventures and creativity from all our travellers. And it’s safe to say, debates ensue as we do our best to select a winner. That’s why we always select the top 10 photos, so you get a chance to see how difficult our decision is.
Once the winner is chosen, one of our team get the lucky task of letting them know they’ve just won a 2 for 1 deal on any of our Active Adventures – that’s here in New Zealand, Nepal, Europe and throughout South America. If you’re coming on an adventure with us in 2017 be sure to take your camera, because you may be the next winner!
See the 2013 top 10
See the 2014 top 10
See the 2015 top 10
Here’s our top 10 for 2016:
1. Stan Jacobson, Patagonia Hiking Adventure ‘Condor‘ trip
2. Boris Diskin, Ultimate Dolomites Adventure ‘Dolomiti‘ trip
3. Dennis Wilson, Everest Base Camp Trek ‘EBC‘ trip
4. Rebecca Washlow, Ultimate Peru Adventure ‘Jaguar‘ trip
5. Mitch Pfeiffer, South Island Explorer ‘Kiwi‘ trip
The world’s only alpine parrot – the native “Kea” is found in most mountain areas in the South Island. We often have to warn our clients to not leave their socks on their room balconies, as these cheeky birds steal them!
6. Eugene Ngo, Galapagos Land and Sea Adventure ‘Tortuga‘ trip
Iguana aerobics session in full swing on San Cristobal in the Galapagos.